Sahara Wind Energy Development Company
The Public Diplomacy Division Collaborative Programmes Section of NATO in charge of the “Science for Peace and Security” Program finances research projects which address Partner Mediterranean Dialogue priority areas. The Sahara Wind Energy Development Company based in Rabat, Morocco is coordinating this applied research program on a regional base aimed at co-developing New Energy Technology solutions in Morocco and Mauritania via industrial synergies.
Project brief description :
The “Sahara Trade Winds to Hydrogen: Applied Research for Sustainable Energy Systems" Project whose kick-off meeting has been held in Rabat on the 29-30th of November 2007 regroups several of Morocco and Mauritania’s education and research institutions associated to their local energy consuming industries around this joint applied research project.
This Project officially started on June 20th 2007 and the latest follow-up meeting has taken place at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, on February 12-13 2009. The NATO SfP-982620 Project is an integral part of the mechanisms made available by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to its Mediterranean Dialogue Partner Countries.
Presentations made during the NATO SfP-982620 kick-off meeting:
Presentations from the NATO SfP-982620 follow-up meeting:
Presentations of the NATO SfP-982620 Project at the 12th IPHE SC/ILC meeting in Washington DC (USA):
Publications on the NATO Science for Peace SfP-982620 Project:
- Connecting Wind and Water - The Sahara Wind Project. Article on Revolve-Magazine, Jan 2012
- Sahara Wind: A Regionally Integrated, Market-Based Project of Strategic Importance, Morocco July 2011
- World Hydrogen Demonstration Project by Int'l Partnership for the Hydrogen Economy IPHE, March 2011
- MENA RE Summit -Sahara Wind: A Regional Catalyst for Renewables. Marrakech, Morocco, Nov 2010
- WHEC2010 - Regional Hydrogen Roadmap for Sahara Wind Project. Essen, Germany, May 2010
- NATO ARW - Energy Options Impact on Regional Security. Split, Croatia, June 2009
- World Wind Energy Conference WWEC 2009, Jeju Island, South Korea, June 2009
- World Wind Energy Conference WWEC 2007, Mar Del Plata Argentina, October 2007
- "Building the Hydrogen Economy Part II: Sharing the European Vision", IEA Paris, July 2007
- NATO Advanced Research Workshop Naples, Italy July 2007
- World Wind Energy Conference WWEC 2006 New Delhi, India 11.2006
- Article Windtech international N°7 du 10.2006
- International Seminar on Hydrogen for Sustainable Dvt + IPHE Reykjavik Iceland 09.2006
- NATO Advanced Research Workshop Istanbul 08.2006
Partner country Project Director (PPD) :
Khalid Benhamou, Partner country Project Director (PPD) NATO Science for Peace - SfP 982620
Sahara Wind Inc.