The Science and Ethics Committee has for task to reflect on major societal issues that are likely to have an impact on the long-term development of the energy sector in the region and beyond.
Members of the Science and Ethics Committee of the Sahara Wind Project.
• Abdelaziz Bennouna : Chemistry Professor, former head of the fuel chemistry laboratory at the Sciences Faculty of Rabat, and the Renewable Energy Unit of the National Center for Scientific and Technical Research CNRST in Morocco. Dr. Bennouna has published a variety of books on the future of Renewable Energies.
• Bernard Frois : PhD in Physics (University of Paris), Advisor of the Technology Research Division of CEA in France, Bernard Frois chairs the EU Hydrogen “Member States Representative Group” and managed new energy technologies programs for the French National Research Agency. He was director of Energy, transport, environment and natural resources at the ministry of Research, professor at the University of Utrecht, Research Associate at CERN, Switzerland and director of research at CNRS. He is a fellow of the American Physical Society.
• Craig Glazer : Vice President--Federal Government Policy for PJM Interconnection (USA). In this capacity, Mr. Glazer coordinates all of PJM’s regulatory and legislative policies before Congress, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commissions, the United States Department of Energy and other federal agencies. PJM operates the largest competitive wholesale electricity market in the world and serves over 9% of the United States population. Mr. Glazer heads PJM’s Washington, D.C. office.
• Abdelaziz Mimet : Professor of Energy and Physicist. He led the research team "Energy, Fluid Mechanics and Materials" at the Faculty of Sciences of Tetouan for many years. National Coordinator of the competence center "Energy" and Focal Point in Morocco in the 7th European Framework Programme (FP7) for the theme Energy, Pr. Mimet is currently Director of the Ecole Normale Superieure of Tetouan in Morocco.
• Hermann Scheer +): President of EUROSOLAR; General Chairman of the World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE); President of the International Parliamentary Forum on Renewable Energies; Member of the German Bundestag and Author. A leading voice for the development of renewable energies in the world, late Dr. Scheer was the Recipient of many awards, among them the Solar World Prize 1998, the World Prize on Bioenergy 2000 and the World Wind Energy Award 2004.